The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored

In this post, I describe how I fixed the error:

The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored.

Screenshot showing the error The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored

This error occured when turning on my Playstation 3.  The restore process took hours and when I returned to check it, the same error appeared.


Resolution

To resolve the issue:

1. Hold the Playstation 3 power button down until it beeps once, then once again, then twice.  Release the power button when following message is shown:

Screenshot of PlayStation 3 Safe Mode connect controller message

2. Connect the controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS button to enter Safe Mode:

Screenshot of PlayStation 3 Safe Mode

3. I was happy to lose my data so I selected 5. Restore PS3 System.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LG TV This app will now restart to free up more memory

LG TV Clear All Browsing History Data

LG TV turn off Quick Start in settings