link tag preload image media attribute min-width not working

In this post, I describe how to fix an issue I had getting the link tag media attribute with min-width to work correctly.

Screenshot of link tag with media attribute using min-width

Cause

Despite specifying a min-width of 500px, the link tag was still preloading the image even below a screen width of 500px.  The cause of the problem turned out to be the placement of my link tag in my HTML.


Resolution

The resolution turned out to be very simple.  I had inadvertently placed the link tag above my viewport meta tag:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />


To resolve the issue, I moved my link tag below my viewport meta tag:

    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />   
    <link rel="preload"
          href="bg-image-wide.png"
          as="image"
          media="(min-width: 500px)" />

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LG TV This app will now restart to free up more memory

LG TV Clear All Browsing History Data

LG TV turn off Quick Start in settings