Steelseries Sensei Ten squeaky scroll wheel

In this post I describe how I fixed my Steelseries Sensei Ten squeaking scroll wheel.

Steelseries Sensei Ten squeaky scroll wheel

Cause

This issue occurred whenever I scrolled down (towards me) with slight pressure to the left on the mouse scroll wheel.

Resolution

I resolved this issue by removing the pads from the bottom of the mouse to access the screws.  I then used a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws.  I noticed that the bar going through the mouse wheel was just catching the bottom edge of a circuit board if I put pressure to the left on the mouse scroll wheel.  I very carefully applied a small amount of WD-40 onto the bar and the bottom of the circuit board where it was touching.  The squeaking sound on my Steelseries Sensei Ten mouse has now stopped when I scroll.

Related Posts

Light marked "W" Steelseries keyboard - what does it do

Comments

  1. Did you add back your old pads or you bought new ones and stick them after the resolution. Have the same issue and I am wondering if I need to buy new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the old pads back on. I took them off as carefully as I could, trying not to bend them too much, and ensuring the sticky side didn't touch anything whilst they were off. I used plenty of pressure when pushing them back on. They are still stuck on just fine to date.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Guys. Did just like u reccomend, and problem solved! ;)

      Delete
    3. Excellent. I'm glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LG TV This app will now restart to free up more memory

LG TV Clear All Browsing History Data

LG TV turn off Quick Start in settings